NASW IDAHO CHAPTER: SOCIAL WORK PIONEER AWARD
The Idaho Chapter of National Association of Social Workers (NASW-ID) selects social workers who have explored new territories and built outposts for human services on many frontiers. Some are well known; others less famous outside their immediate colleagues and the Idaho communities they serve. Each has made an important contribution to the evolution and enrichment of social work through social policies service, teaching, writing, research, program development administration or legislation. Pioneers are role models for future generations of social workers. Their contributions are reflected in every aspect of the profession, as well as in the establishment of social policies and human services. The pioneers have prepared the way for thousands of other social workers to make their contributions to the betterment of the human condition. Retired social workers are eligible for nomination.
The award recipient must:
- Be an NASW – Idaho Chapter member in good standing
- Minimum of 10 years of practice
- Contributions enhance the human condition through innovative approaches
NASW-Idaho Chapter members, individuals and social welfare organizations may nominate by submitting the following:
- Complete nomination information (listed below) e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two to five page summary that describes the pioneer’s contribution made to the betterment of the human condition by:
1. Specific innovative programs developed and successfully implemented
2. Independent advocacy efforts for a specific population
4. Published writing
8. Work setting (public, private, higher ed, state legislation, Native American org, etc)
9. Scope of Field (local, state, regional)
10. Geographic region in which the pioneering work was done
11. Location where the Pioneer is most identified with significant contribution
- Curriculum vita
- Three (3) letters of support, and written permission to include letters in awards package.
- Recent photo (jpeg format)
To ensure the nominee’s eligibility, please adhere to the nomination guidelines. Use clear, concise, descriptive examples of activities and accomplishments. The nomination packet must include the summary sheet, vita, support letters, and photo. Incomplete packages will not be accepted. The Idaho Awards Committee selects and approves the award recipient.